Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sweet and spicy chicken

This recipe is my favorite, not just because it is delicious but because it is simple and quick!

Ingredients needed: Chicken breasts, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, butter, honey and chopped pecans.

You can cook this anyway you want! I've cooked it in the oven and on the stove. 

When cooking in the oven I just season my chicken with the salt, pepper and cayenne pepper(to taste...I like mine spicy) and before placing in the cookware I use a quarter cup of butter for two to four chicken breasts depending on size, and either spread over the bottom or cut up and scatter the butter in the dish. Then cook it at 375 degrees for about 35-40 minutes. When the chicken is just about done, pour honey(to your liking) over the chicken and sprinkle with pecans. Place back in the oven for at least 5 minutes and then serve over rice.

For the stove begin with heating your pan to a medium heat and use only 2 tablespoons of butter. Season your chicken to your liking and place into the heated and buttered pan. Cook the chicken until done(I find the chicken stays more moist when covered while cooking). Remove chicken from pan but keep the sauces. Add another two tablespoons of butter and add honey and pecans as well. Stir well and once all the honey and butter are mixed and melted serve over the chicken and rice! Yum yum!

Recently I started using chili powder as well which adds more zing to it :)
Enjoy!

No comments: