Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cruise May '11

Isaac and I were so amazingly blessed with the opportunity to take a 7 day cruise with friends who had invited us(the very first time for both of us)!

Before you get to deep into this blog, there are MANY pictures. I believe there are 48 to be exact.

Anyways, we left port from Venice Italy making 5 stops and spending one day at sea.  Since we were leaving from Venice, we arrived a day early and spent that time exploring every part of that amazing city.




Then it was time to board the ship. I was so excited I couldn't stand still! 

Here we are with our friends, waiting for the ship to leave port as the sun begins to set. It was so AMAZING!

 The next morning we arrived at Ancona Italy. It was a port city that really didn't have much to keep us interested. It was a Sunday as well so the town was very quiet until about 11 and we left port at 1pm.



The next day we spent at sea. To be honest, that was one difficult day for me. Sea sickness was setting in and the Cruise line had so many fun activities and a pool and free food all day long, but all I could do was sleep from all the dramamine.
I was pretty bummed but later that day I discovered that a Long Island Iced tea managed to balance me out. hehehehehehe

Our next stop was the Greek Island of Mykonos. I have decided that this Island will be my future summer home and where I will retire. 
Boy, I wish!


Right after we arrived at the port, Isaac and I hopped on another boat to head to Delos, a nearby Island. The Island is covered in ruins built hundreds...thousands of years ago. Cleopatra had a palace there and palaces were also built for the Greek gods, Apollo and Diana.





After a neat tour and lots of hiking we headed back to Mykonos and had the rest of they day to spend exploring, eating good food and buying things we didn't need.





Baklava! There were SO many kinds to choose from! I started with some baklava ice cream then later had an enormous piece of traditional baklava. YUM!

Our next destination: the Acropolis in Athens Greece. 
Acropolis: the citadel of Athens on which the Parthenon and the Erechtheum stand.





This flag had been flying since WWII. A Nazi flag was placed there by Hitler's command and a few boys snuck out one night, risking their lives, and replaced the flag with their country's flag. 


This massive dog is one of many stray dogs wandering Athens. They are very docile animals that know exactly where to be for some food. This one is laying outside of a McDonalds.

Leaving Port. What a day!
 The next day was another Greek Island, Corfu, with more shopping, delicious food and amazing views of the Mediterranean Sea.










That night we had a formal dinner and Isaac looked so handsome!

The next day was our last stop before heading back to Venice. 
Dubrovnik Croatia. 
Our ship was too big and had to port in the middle of the bay, so it was lifeboats to get to the town. I was able to take some good shots of the ship, Victoria while boating to shore.




The city was so beautiful! It was also our last day and Isaac and I went full tourist! We paid random guys on the street for goofy pictures, to hold birds and for a cheap necklace made of clay and ribbon that said 'Dubrovnik'. Oh and we bought a candle because that is what Croatia was known for. Candle making.









The next day we pulled into port at Venice Italy. Then it was back in the car to head home.


What a trip! I will definitely do a cruise again!

No comments: