Monday, November 14, 2011

Eindhoven

For Veteran's Day weekend Isaac and I drove to Eindhoven Netherlands with our friends, the Warrens. What a BEAUTIFUL country! 
Our purpose for going was a Flogging Molly concert, and I believe it was totally worth it. :)

Street sign...weird huh?

Our hotel room. We really were blessed with a super nice hotel at an affordable cost.


Our view from our room...the Centrum of Eindhoven was having a light show that weekend.







We saw these in the sidewalk. So neat how a little bit of history is spread through an entire city.
I didn't get any pictures of the concert, unfortunately. I was afraid if I brought my camera they would take it away from us at the door. Better safe then sorry!

Below is the link to one of my favorite songs. I was so excited when they played it!

Going to the concert was such a fantastic idea! 
Going to the concert in Holland/Netherlands where tall blonde people exist....not so fantastic. Don't get me wrong, they are amazingly kind and friendly people but I couldn't see the stage! lol!

In case you are wondering(and I know some of you are), yes pot/weed/marijuana is legal in the Netherlands and people were smoking it. I was very impressed by the rules and cleanliness of the city. 
Bars are for drinking and there, coffee shops are for smoking pot. You can't openly smoke it, the laws are the same as for drinking.
It's not a party city, it's really just a social thing for the locals there. Running into tourists and college kids that get out of hand is inevitable. 

I didn't feel uncomfortable being in that city because it wasn't all around you, and I was very grateful for that!

No comments: