Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What are you Thankful for?

Thanksgiving,
it's only a day away and my refrigerator and cupboards are full of food waiting to be prepared on a working oven. 
My home is warm, clean, well furnished and decorated...ready for company tomorrow.

I have a hard working and incredibly loving husband that dotes on me and provides for us. 
 Thank you!

My healthy and adorable lab, Lucky loves me unconditionally, is quite the snuggle bug and makes me smile and laugh at his crazy antics. 
My mother and father-in-law have graciously taken our other dog, Kermit for the past two years as we wait out our time overseas.
Thank you!
Being overseas we have had many opportunities to travel and experience parts of Europe.
Our car continues to run smoothly and our payments are made on time every month (as well as other bills).

I have the freedom to work only a part time job so I can be home.

I am thousands of miles from all of my family but their love is still felt in each message and phone call. 
Thank you!

I have dear friends only a hop away that I can talk to, swap dogs with, borrow babies from and goof around with. Many other friends that are miles away will sit on the phone with me for hours chatting about new pins on Pintrest.
Thank you!

The list goes on yet, many days I only see another 'something' to complain about.

Lord, forgive me for my selfishness. Thank you for your continued blessings, always providing us with what we need and more. Thank you for the strength to endure the hard times and for your eternal love.
Amen.

1 Chronicles 29:11-13

"Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom;
you are exalted as head over all.
Wealth and honor come from you;
you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
to exalt and give strength to all.
Now, our God, we give you thanks,
and praise your glorious name."

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Thank you for posting your thoughts Diane. I love you so much and miss you so much! I am very grateful to have you as a sister even though you are many miles away. Say "Thank You" to God every time you're tempted to complain.