Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ingredient of the Week: Tuesday

Today I made,
  Jalapeno Chicken!


I wanted to keep it more healthy so I change things around. 
 
Here is my version :)

Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved and pounded
1/4 cup lemon juice
Season salt
2 fresh jalapeno peppers, diced(I left seeds in)
1/2 package cream cheese, softened
toothpicks

Directions:
1. Season chicken breasts with season salt to your liking, place in a dish with lemon juice. Cover and let marinate for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
3. Mix diced jalapenos and cream cheese, stuff into chicken and close up with toothpicks.
4. Cook chicken in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until done. Serve with rice and enjoy!

We both loved this recipe so it's definitely a keeper!

No comments: